Thursday, December 15, 2005

Soil Chart

Soil Chart
Stacey Greenberg



I missed my self-imposed Halloween deadline! And then my Thanksgiving deadline! I hope this is actually in your hands before 2006. This issue was a bit of a struggle for me and I’m not sure why. Maybe just the time of year. But one of the reasons it is late is that Warren and I took the boys to Cal-ifornia for two glorious weeks to spend some time with family and friends and give the boys a taste of the ocean and the mountains. (Our numerous trips to the beach inspired Warren’s cover.) The weather was gorgeous and I had to keep reminding myself that we were on a winter vacation, not a summer one.

Satchel and Jiro (a.k.a. Monkey See and Monkey Do) continually amaze and delight me. The picture above was taken on a Sunday morning. I came out of the bathroom to discover that Satchel had gotten frozen yogurt out of the freezer for their breakfast. Using Warren’s cell phone, Satchel called Jiro and they had a power breakfast pre-school style. (Notice Jiro’s command of the remote control.) I am finding it harder and harder to write essays about them because I’ve been so busy blogging about them! I am now blogging at www.fertilegroundzine.blogspot.com while Rescue magazine is on hiatus. Check it out.

I don’t think I’ve had any major literary achievements since the last issue to report. I’ve been busy interviewing all of my awesome online mama friends who have recently written books. I enjoyed doing that so much, I decided to go ahead and start a Master’s in Journalism in the spring. (You know, with all my free time!)

I’m excited about 2006 and can’t wait to get cranking on the next zine. Please keep sending in your submissions, letters, and subscriptions! A big thanks and sloppy kiss to all the folks who made this issue possible. Mwah!

No comments: