Barbie’s house and furnishings don’t have to be all plastic, pink and expensive. Here are some groovy ideas for recycled Barbie stuff.
· Burt’s Bee’s lip gloss box wrapped in origami print = footstool or gift
· Dirty Girl perfume box inside out and taped together = flowery hall bench, or make a slit in an edge for a winter chest to store Barbie’s ski boots
· Wine corks colored with fat markers = bolster pillows
· Old eighties plastic bracelets = hoola hoops
· Empty tissue boxes with cool prints = coffee table, or shorten a tall box for a useful kitchen island
· Cotton balls = who needs a Barbie mommy? Stuff these in her miniskirt.
· Cocktail umbrellas = duh…
· Pebbles, sand or shells = Zen garden, or help Skipper make a seashore diorama for school with the cast off cardboard from the tissue box
· Top from empty bottle of laundry detergent = even Barbie needs a dirty clothes basket
· Q-tips = augment the ends with cotton balls, Barbie will beef up those biceps in no time
· Folded gift cards = literary Barbie
· Goldfish crackers = scrunch up some blue felt, and voila, a soothing pond of coy
Just take a peek in the pantry or the medicine cabinet. You’ll be surprised just how many divans and throw pillows are there.